GREETINGS

As one part of my journey has ended, the next is just beginning. Alina and I invite you to follow our adventures in Kazakhstan as we journey toward getting to know each other and slowly build our relationship as Mother...Daughter...Family. Please come back often as I will be blogging about our day to day activities along with lots of pictures!


Cheers,
Kim
Happy, Proud Mama to Alina Jean Yeager


******


PLEASE FORGIVE ALL THE TYPOS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. I TRY TO PROOF READ BUT THINGS SLIP BY ME SOMETIMES!

KIM


Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Helloooo (echo...echo...echo)!!!

Ok, so how addicting is Facebook! OMG!!! I'm totally addicted to everything on that site: games, my farm (called AJ farms), my fluff friend...aahaaah!!! It's really fun and I can't believe I know 193 people!! How crazy is that!!

Now...down to getting caught up bullet style:

* Christmas was wonderful!! Very low key, lounging around, and eating anything I wanted for the day at my parents house. We promised not to buy alot for each other this Christmas so we could save up for the upcoming Kaz trip. I think we did an ok job. We, as in my Mom, Dad, and me, wore our Kaz shirts on Christmas day. Mom and Dad wore their "Waiting for my granddaughter from Kazakhstan" shirt and I wore my "Mom To Be (heart) my heart and baby are in Kazakhstan". We felt it was just a little way that Alina could be with us this Christmas. Just think, next Christmas is going to be so exciting! It will be Alina's first Christmas with her new family and my parents (an me) cannot wait!!! I can't wait to watch her unwrap her presents and see the smiles on her face!

* My dad is doing great!!! He had a checkup with his heart doctor on 12/23 and his heart is doing good and still in rhythm. They didn't take him of any of his meds but it had only been about 5 weeks since his procedure so kinda expected. We were hoping that he might get taken off of 1 or 2 but the docs want him to take them a little longer. His next appointment is in Feb so hopefully then he will get to get off some meds.

* My job is killing me!!! Wait, let me re-phrase that...I'm LETTING my job kill me!!! I'm so tired of people expecting miracles and then getting disappointed when I cannot pull one out of my ass!!! As of today, I'm not letting it stress me out so much. I've been a total wreck about my job since October and I need to stop it!!! I actually think I have an ulcer because of it! My stomach has been so upset over the past 3 days that I haven't been able to sleep or eat! I had to take a day off work yesterday because of it and work is what's causing the problem! UGH!!! So, no more bringing work home to work on over the weekend, leaving the building no later than 5:30, and working as diligently as I can while I'm there. That's all I'm doing from now on...no more! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE WHAT I DO but it's taking over my life again and I getting burned out! So, again, I am putting my foot down..damn it!! Ok...vent closed :)

* Found out (well, I already new but now I know for sure) that my baby is in Taraz, Kazakhstan (that's why the star is on the map above). She is definitely in the Umit Babyhouse. I have a "friend" at the adoption agency. She serves as a liaison for the case workers. If you are interested in the adoption agency, she sends you info, application, answers your questions, etc. Once you have committed to the agency, she then gives you over to a case worker. Well, my friend was so in love with Alina that she really wanted to find a home for her. In fact, she told me that if her husband would have agreed, she would have adopted Alina herself. But, alas, her husband said 2 is enough for them so she introduced me to Alina. I really wasn't looking for an older child. I don't know why. I guess I just had baby stuck in my head (Hey, NO DAYCARE with an older child...hello! She can go right into school (kindergarten)!) Plus, once I saw Alina's picture, I couldn't say anything else but YES!! Just look at those cheeks! How could anyone in their right mind not want to pinch and smooch on those pudgy little things!!! Hopefully in about 8 months, I'll be doing just that!!

Ok...updated enough. More coming soon!! Have a great week, ya'll!!!

No comments: