Hello all!!
It's been a very long and emotional day for me so I'm going to post more about the court session later. I think things went well but of course I'm still worried (that's just me being paranoid). I didn't get a decision today because the prosecutor of the court wants to make sure all the paperwork is in order. He is new to to the adoption arena and very young but I should get a definite decision from the Judge on Monday (this is very common to have to wait over the weekend for a decision). Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. Now I need to go have a few Kazakh beers and wind down. Details coming this weekend...promise!!
Much love,
Kim and Alina
6 comments:
Kim,
I'm sure everything will be fine. The judge is very methodical and would know if anything was missing or incorrect with the paperwork. Sometimes I think they just like dragging things out. It sounds like you have the same prosecuter we did. He reminds me of one of my college professors. Always had to make a comment or try and find something to correct no matter how good your work was. Try not to worry too much about it over the weekend. By Monday you will surely be officially Alina's Mama.
On a different note. When Lukas sits with me as I catch up on your blog he points to Alina's picture all excited and says over and over "Alina, Alina".
Enjoy a cold Kaz beer for me!
Lynda
Hang in there Kim! I had the EXACT same thing and they kept me in the court house until late into the evening to double check all the paperwork too!
Monday will be your big "family day"!! Kinley and I are celebrating our one year anniversary of being a family tonight. We will be thinking of you and Alina!
Oh wow, a decision Monday! How exciting! I can't wait for the two of you to get home.
Sorry I have been so out of touch lately. things here have reached a new level of insanity. I can't wait to tell you all about it when you get back.
Kim,
I KNOW for sure that they will say yes on Monday. I think it is cruel to make you wait until Monday. Hurry up gotcha day!!! The thought of you walking out of there hand in hand with that baby touches my heart so deeply!!
I am so excited for you Kim! And even more so for Alina! I can't wait for you to get to bring her home. Let us know what happens Monday!
So excited for your upcoming FOREVER FAMILY DAY!!! Whooo hooo...you are an amazing woman and I so admire your strength and determination (and sense of humor) throughout this long and emotional process. KIM - You are one step closer to taking your sweet baby girl HOME!!! :)
Post a Comment