GREETINGS

As one part of my journey has ended, the next is just beginning. Alina and I invite you to follow our adventures in Kazakhstan as we journey toward getting to know each other and slowly build our relationship as Mother...Daughter...Family. Please come back often as I will be blogging about our day to day activities along with lots of pictures!


Cheers,
Kim
Happy, Proud Mama to Alina Jean Yeager


******


PLEASE FORGIVE ALL THE TYPOS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. I TRY TO PROOF READ BUT THINGS SLIP BY ME SOMETIMES!

KIM


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

There's No Place Like Home...(click, click)...There's No Place Like Home

We made it! Hoooommmeeee! We got into Memphis about 6:30 pm on Sunday! To say the least, we were all very exhausted but pushed through the 27 hours of travel, slept when we could, and ate when the airline gave us food. My poor baby only slept for 4 hours during the entire travel time so that meant Mama only got 4 hours as well. But, it was all worth it to be able to get home. We were met by all my wonderful friends and Alina's playmates at the airport. They had a welcome home sign and balloons, gifts, and lots of hugs, kisses, and tears of joy for us. It was wonderful to see some familiar faces. These people not only met us at the airport, but cleaned up the house and stocked our cupboards with food so we didn't have to go to the market right away. Mom and Dad were overwhelmed by how many came to the airport to welcome us home. I told them, "Yep, those are MY peeps!!!" Thanks to you all. It really meant alot to all of us. You truly are like family to Alina and me.
Mom and Dad went back today. I wish they would have stayed another day or so but I understand that they have to get back to the business. I just hope they take it easy for the next few days and catch up on some sleep and rest. God Bless 'um!!!
Alina is such a trooper. She has slept in her own room by herself for the past 2 nights. She has awakened a few times and all I have to do is take her to the bathroom (at my request) and just lay her back down, pat her on the back a few times and off to sleep she will go again. She is just know showing a little warriness due to the time change and everything but I think by the end of the week, we will have that nipped in the bud. This little spitfire is amazing! She loves her room, her books, her bed, AND, to our surprise, her new art activity desk that Grandpa made and Grandma painted and detailed. I had seen this online and I ran off the specs and showed it to Dad. I thought he wouldn't have it done until we got back from Kaz but they got it finished before their trip and delivered it when they came to the house to leave for Kaz! It's perfect and just what I wanted for Alina! My parents are amazing and they love their new granddaughter! She loves them too! She's really warmed up to Mom and she's working her way to warming up to Dad. I give it another month or so and she'll be just as attached to him as Mom.
That's all for now. I'm taking advantage of Alina's nap time to write. I'm still working on the other blog posts. Hopefully I can get those posted soon. I'll try to post some pics soon as well.

Cheers,
Kim and Alina....finally home from Kaz and lovin' it!!!!

15 comments:

Leslie P. said...

Hooray! So glad you're home, safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're all home, safe and sound. It brought tears to my eyes to hear how wonderful your friends are to have met you at the airport and to have taken the time to get your house ready for you. I wish I could have been right there with them to welcome you and Alina home. Can't wait to see you and meet Alina for the first time. Love, Aunt Chris

~Kristen said...

So glad to hear you are all home safe and sound!!!

Welcome Home Kim & Alina!!!

Kara and Quentin said...

Welcome home Kim and Alina!!!

Vera Lynn said...

Great joy! What a wonderful message you've given us. We are thrilled for you, for Alina, for your mom, dad, and many friends. It has been a gift to be a part of this time in your life. Thank you for including all of us via the internet. I hope the blogs continue! Best wishes and much love to you both. vl

The Robeys said...

Glad to hear that you all made it home safe and sound! I know you are glad to be home. Tell Alina that Lukas Anton says hello.

Kim said...

YAY! Welcome home! :)

Julie and Steve said...

Welcome home! So awesome that your parents were able to share the last part of your trip with you, and that all your friends showed up at the airport (wish I lived closer!) :) Happy to hear that Alina is adjusting to her wonderful new room and toys that are all HERS!

Nathalie, Liam et Christian said...

Glad to hear that everything went well for you and that you are now at home. It's good to be home hein? Alina seems to adapt very quickly to her new life, which is great. Liam is doing great as well. It was nice meeting you in Taraz. Keep writing to give us news about how Alina is doing. Which train did you take from Taras to Almaty?! haha..

Kim said...

pictures please!

Julie and Steve said...

Ditto Kim's note: PICTURES PLEASE!

Kim said...

Just checking in on you two, how are things going?

K said...

Are you two okay? You mentioned a post to come about the day you took Alina from the baby home for good...

I hope things are okay.

~Kristen said...

Just checking in... Hope you are both well and just busy.

Thinking of you.

kitchu said...

I LOST YOUR BLOG!! holy cow. so much has happened. i saw your comment on Julie's and was like.. is that the Kim I used to follow???

amazing. really amazing. i have a lot of reading to do!