GREETINGS

As one part of my journey has ended, the next is just beginning. Alina and I invite you to follow our adventures in Kazakhstan as we journey toward getting to know each other and slowly build our relationship as Mother...Daughter...Family. Please come back often as I will be blogging about our day to day activities along with lots of pictures!


Cheers,
Kim
Happy, Proud Mama to Alina Jean Yeager


******


PLEASE FORGIVE ALL THE TYPOS AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. I TRY TO PROOF READ BUT THINGS SLIP BY ME SOMETIMES!

KIM


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Home Visits and Birthday Parties

Penny, my social worker, came to the house today. It was fine. I didn't clean like I should have but hey, she's seen it clean once...isn't that enough???..hehe. We also talked about the homestudy. She said it's ready to get typed and she will send a rough draft to my agency probably by the end of the week. I'm looking for it to be completely finished within the next two weeks. Then, I can send all the immigration stuff in and wait for the new I-171H. Things are at a standstill until I get the new one.
I've been thinking about something lately. Alina will have a sibling...there's no doubt about that. And, my agency suggests that your homestudy approve you for 2 children of either gender. So, what if Alina's sibling came home with her? What if I adopted 2 children at once? Am I crazy for even thinking I could handle that? Wow, talk about throwing yourself into motherhood head first! How much harder would it be with 2 instead of 1? It's just something I'm thinking about...not seriously...YET...but I'm thinking about it.
Went to a 4 year old birthday party this weekend. It was fun to see the little ones play and have their picnic outside. Glenys, the birthday girl, wanted a princess and mermaid picnic birthday party. It turned out quite well I thought. This weekend I have another 4 year old birthday party to go to..Hallie's on Saturday. Then, I have a 2 year old birthday party on Sunday....Margaux. I've been to more birthday parties in the last 2 years than I have in my entire life!!! This month alone I'll have attended 4 birthday parties and a baby, really toddler, shower! When I started this journey, I never expected to be partying like this (hehe)!! It is always fun and the little ones are a joy to watch.

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

Well keep your dossier in China open and you can have a sibling for her. We are so glad you came to the birthday party too!!